If you are a wine lover, this is the place to be. Whether you visit Cricova or Purcari or Milestii Mici winery, the latter recorded in Guinness Book for its biggest wine collection in the world…
People are simple, friendly, hospitable, and food is also great here.
THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW:
- Moldova is placed the 12th among the top world wine exporters.
- The largest underground wine cellar in the world, Cricova, is “hidden” in this country.
- The Milestii Mici’s wine collection of 1.5 million bottles has been included in the Guinness World Records at the category The Largest Quality Wine Collection in the World.
- Strong Drinks Museum, in Tirnauca village, is the largest building in the world in the shape of a bottle (28m).
- The Cave “Emil Racovita”, in Criva, is the 8th greatest cave on the planet.
- The biggest park is Taul Natural Reservation (46 ha), offering quiet and beautiful settings. There are more than 385 of such protected zones, the most interesting places being the caves and the coral formations.